Museum of the Kraków University of Technology
ul. Warszawska 24
31-155 Kraków
Tel. (12) 628 21 20
Free admission
Mondays – Fridays: 10 am – 3 pm
Curator: Lilianna Lewandowska MA
Staff: Prof. Marcin Chrzanowski, Maria Molo-Gąsiorek MA

The museum was established on 4 June 2004, by decision of the Senate of the Technical University in Kraków. Its seat is located in the former prison building of the Austro-Hungarian military barracks which dates from 1878. The building was entered in the Kraków Register of Historical Artefacts on 17 April 2014 (under item 1135 [A-1411/M]) by decision of the Voivodeship Conservator of Monuments. The museum is subordinated to the vice-rector for general affairs, and
operates in accordance with the regulations adopted by the Senate on 28 January 2011. The museum has nearly 403 exhibits which have been amassed according to the rules specified in the regulations and categorized as follows: documents, printed matter, photography, prints, scientific instruments, medals, seals, architecture and construction projects, sculpture, artisanal handicrafts, fabrics, and other. The collection is available for research work (in digital format, photographs or through loans). The museum has nearly 114 sq. metres of exhibition space at its disposal. Making use of its own collections, as well as loans from private collections and Polish cultural institutions, the museum has created a permanent exhibition (on the history of the university) and also organizes temporary exhibitions. The latter are dedicated to the university’s patron, the Polish national hero, Tadeusz Kościuszko, and the heritage of the place. The museum’s activities are under the supervision of the Museum Council. The museum has its own Bulletin (ISSN 1733-5531), and from 2016/2017 it also began publishing Historical Papers of the Museum of the University of Technology in Kraków (ISSN 2544-1833) and catalogues of exhibitions organized in the museum (although not on a regular basis). The library’s book collections are available for use in the reading room.
Lilianna Lewandowska MA

Leave a Reply