Faculty of Medicine
Jagiellonian University – Medical College
ul. Grzegórzecka 16
Tel. (12) 619 96 29
The Pathoanatomical Museum of the Faculty of Medicine of the Jagiellonian University is located in two rooms preceded by a spacious vestibule on the ground oor of the Faculty of Pathomorphology of the Medical College of the Jagiellonian University. Pathomorphological preparations which have been amassed with great care, and which are
an important source of learning about the history of the development of medical sciences in Kraków are exhibited in glass display cabinets. The history of this magnificent collection dates back to the beginning of the 19th century, as can be seen by the work on the inventories carried out in the Anatomical Cabinet in 1816. The rapid expansion of the collection is attributable to Prof. Maciej Józef Brodowicz, who ordered the preparation and storage of cross-sectional preparations which were preserved in wax. The museum has retained its didactic character to this day thus serving the needs of future generations of students.