Museum of the Eugeniusz Geppert Academy of Arts and Design
ul. Traugutta 21
Tel. (71) 343 84 51 ext. 117
Mondays – Fridays: 8 am – 3 pm
Director: Krzysztof Pachurka MA
Staff: Marta Drobińska MA, Marcin Mierzicki PhD, Karolina Wiktor MA
Since the beginning of its existence the Eugeniusz Geppert Academy of Art and Design in Wrocław has been collecting the works of teachers and students. Prof. Stanisław Dawski first organized a Collection of Study Works and later, in 1954, he founded the museum, which was to support education and research in the newly established academy. The collection contains works by students and final thesis projects, including pieces made in ceramic and glass, paintings, prints, posters and photographs documenting the process of their creation which are often themselves a form of artistic expression. The authors include: Eugeniusz Geppert, Xawery Dunikowski, Ludwik Kiczura, Zbigniew Horbowy, Alfons Mazurkiewicz, Jan Jaromir Aleksiun, Józef Hałas, Natalia Lach-Lachowicz and Eugeniusz GET Stankiewicz. The photographs, catalogues, documents, notes and press releases are an important addition to the museum collections, which together provide a complete record of the academy’s artistic activities. The museum is a venue for meetings with artists, as well as for organizing permanent and temporary exhibitions of the work of the academy’s teachers and students. Between 2011 and 2012 a programme for the ‛Digitization and Accessibility of the collections of the Eugeniusz Geppert Academy of Art and Design in Wrocław was carried out, according to an idea put forward by the rector, Prof. Stanisław Dawski, to make the collections accessible for teaching purposes. Apart from becoming fully acquainted with the collections and digitizing them, the project’s main objective was to make them accessible to the public, inform people about the history of the academy and to present its past and present artistic achievements through an online platform: www.archiwumcyfrowe.asp.wroc.pl. The museum operates as an interdepartmental entity; in 2015 it was converted into the Centre for Art Documentation.